Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 24 - "The past is gone but something might be found to take it's place..."


I don't know if you're aware of this, but the future is now. How do I know this? Because video game systems have become sentient. Specifically, my Xbox 360, which has it's own blog. And it's not too happy about not being played:

RC Jester's* Xbox - 1/13/2008

"Well yesterday was pretty boring... the lack of gaming heavily contributed to that... I am trying to keep a positive outlook on this, but after 5 days of neglect any normal console starts to lose it..."

The unfortunate thing about being modeled after people is that with all the things that make us good, like love, decency and morality, come all the terrible, terrible flaws. Like jealousy, and insecurity:

RC Jester's Xbox - 1/19/2008

"Microsoft should have built me with tears... so I can cry when RC Jester leaves me cold... and alone..."

Yesterday, at work, I came across this entry, minutes after it was posted:

RC Jester's Xbox - 1/28/2008

"Heh. Well I guess that fucker's moved on. Heard he was giving me up cold turkey. Good for him.

The way I see it - I figure I got two choices - get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. I wonder which direction these pills will take me?

I'll see you in hell you piece of shit..."

I got home just in time. 360's getting the help it needs.

-M

Yeah, but I'd still rather be playing: Wait, stop. Now is probably not the best time.

***

*My gamertag, a.k.a. my online video game handle. Stands for "Royal Court Jester." 'Cause I'm funny, right?!?

2 comments:

Whitney said...

If you need someone to take proper care of your xbox, I will have a TV tomorrow

Rolando said...

I thought it was "Rockland County Jester." Am I wrong or are you trying to deny your roots?