Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 114 - "...Two Bits!!!"

There's only one game on every gamer's mind right now. Right now, thousands of fans are standing in line, eagerly awaiting midnight launches across the country. The Associated Press is predicting 9 million copies of this game will be sold during the launch period - with several million more by the end of the year.

Some people really like to travel. I get that - going somewhere new, seeing the sights, the sounds, the food, the history. Me? I'm just as happy to sit down on my couch and play in sandboxes like these:



...but, not for another 251 days. Sigh...

-Matt

ADDENDUM: Apparently, I should feel even better about myself for resisting GTA IV's calling.

Yeah, but I'd still rather be playing:
The above video might not, to a non-gamer's eyes, really sell what's so incredible about this series. But if you've ever spent an afternoon pretending to be an astronaut, a cowboy, a princess, or a Thundercat, then perhaps you could imagine the fun that there is to be had pretending to be a low level thug climbing his way through the criminal ranks through a fully-realized virtual replica of the streets of New York City. Or perhaps not.

1 comment:

R said...

Hate to break the news to you but it's actually another 251 days until you can play it.

I think I'm getting Mario Kart Wii this weekend. I hear it's awesome... maybe after this huge headstart, I may be good enough to compete with you when you're back on the gaming.