Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 239 - "We are the same blood..."



The Penny Arcade Expo, or PAX, is happening right now. It's become a regular event over the past 4 years, with a massive exodus of gamers flocking to Seattle each August. And it's expanded tremendously since it's inception. Created by the guys over at the immensely successful webcomic with the same name, it's a three day festival of music*, cosplay, sneak peeks, and of course, tons and tons of gaming. I don't really know why* but I've never really realized how badly I wanted to go to it until today. I've made up my mind, I'm going next year.

I know I was a bit hard on my fellow fanboys back when I went to ComicCon back in April, but I really just need to shed this 'better than' blanket and realize there's no place I'd rather be than with all my fellow video game afficianados at a festival devoted to the greatest f-ing hobby on the planet.

I'll see you in 2009, PAXies...

-Matt




Yeah, but I'd still rather be playing:
On a Little Big Planet!


*If you recognized the song above, and enjoyed it, you and I need to hang out more!
*Well, ok, maybe I do

No comments: