Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 306 - "'Cause I'm big and important, one angry dwarf and 200 solemn faces are you..."

Five Reasons I Am Very Excited For January, 2009:

1) The Dark Knight on IMAX
Missed it the first time around. Apparently it's coming back in January. I won't make the same mistake twice.

2) The Return of Lost (Season 5)
My favorite show, possibly of all time, returns to the air for 17 uninterrupted episodes, starting in late January. This is the one tv show that, despite having a DVR and potentially more interesting plans on a Thursday night, I almost always prefer to just stay in and watch.

3) I'm Turning 30
Some see this as a scary milestone. I'm pretty excited for it. Less of an excuse to be a lazy son-of-a-bitch (though I will still find time to be that, see below), and maybe start becoming some semblance of a man.

4) I Get to Play Video Games Again
And yes, I am going to play. And how. January also happens to be when I get to enjoy my Christmas and birthday presents. Guess what I'll be asking for this year?

5) I Can Finally Be Proud of the Leader of Our Country Again
Congratulations, President Obama. Make us proud.

-Matt

Yeah, but I'd still rather be playing: Gears, baby!

No comments: