Monday, May 17, 2010

My Blog As An Extension Of My Facebook Updates

My first hard-hitting* piece of games journalism has hit the blog-o-sphere, and I wanted to share it here. I covered a game called Kung-Fu Live that's coming out for the PS3 at the end of the year. Pretty cool concept actually - the PlayStation Eye Camera scans you onto the screen, and from there you're literally punching and kicking the air around you beat up bad guys on screen. Seems like it could be a fun party game. Here's my full preview:

http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/7867/1/


After covering the game I wandered around Chelsea Market for a while and noticed an exhibit being held there on Magnificent Specimens, aka men with crazy facial hair. One portrait was an empty frame with a mustache hanging from some string that was too tempting to pass up, so I took this photo, which might be one of my favorites of all time:


Follow that up with another performance in a fantastic show (Pope!), great weather, amazing food (I had one of the best burgers of my life at 5 Napkin Burger, AND I recently got a blender and have since become a smoothie fiend) and a board game night with friends to top it all off made for quite the memorable weekend.

Next week I'll be appearing in Time Out New York's Singles Issue (!), which could potentially be awesome, or really really depressing, depending on how things go. And the Lost finale airs in 6 days, which I suppose falls into the same category of potentials.

But as of right now, I'm happy to report: Life Is Good.

-Matt

*And by 'hard-hitting' I meant I punched and kicked stuff.

No comments: