Friday, November 5, 2010

Post-A-Day: Matt Shafeek, Master Blogger?

So Malcolm Gladwell says you need 10,000 hours of deliberate practice to truly master something. How many hours have I 'blogged' so far, approximately? Let's find out:

Blog Posts So Far: 36 (2010) + 42 (2009) + 48 (2008) = 126 posts
Average Time To Write A Blog Post: 2 hours
(This is obviously a broad average, with some taking far less, but making taking much more, with planning and edits/updates. This month is undoubtedly lowering this average, but shh)
Total number of hours spent blogging: 126 x 2 = 252 hours

Wow. I've got...a ways to go.

So at this rate, let's say with about 50 posts a year (being optimistic), I'll hit 1,000 hours (500 posts) every 10 years, and thus I'll hit the 10,000 hour mark in a little under...100 YEARS (!).

I'll have mastered the art of blogging sometime in the year 2108 at the rip old age of 129. Perfect - just before my post-century 30's, when I hear life truly begins!

Yeah, yeah - I get it, you smug, hairy son-of-a-bitch

I guess the lesson here is that 2 hours or so a week isn't such a great rate for attempting mastery at anything. Whatever, I didn't want to be a master blogger anyway!

-Matt

1 comment:

Fortune Travel Booking said...

Very useful blog, I enjoy reading your post.Thanks for sharing. I will keep come back to this site.

by Hotel Deals
Travel Tips