Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Post-A-Day: Victory Haikus

November blogging
Many lessons learned throughout
Thirty days of growth

That is, as far as I can remember, my first ever haiku. I may have written one in elementary school or something when I first learned, but this is definitely the first one I've written in my adult life.

Poetry is probably the only form of writing/expression I've purposefully neglected my entire life. And it - like many forms of abstract art - was something I probably rejected at an early age not knowing any better and just never bothered to ever revisit. So I figured I'd end this successful month of blogging every day with something I've never done before, just for fun. Here are some other, probably technically and artistically subpar haikus:

Gaming time is fun
Shelter from the cold winter
Mental warmth, you dig?

And finally:

Delicious cookies
Melt all my troubles away
So, sorry salads!

This month has definitely been a great experience for me - I've written some stuff I'm really proud of, pulled out some posts I didn't know I had in me, and as a result I'm sure I'll do it again sometime in the future. I even had a few more posts I left on the cutting room floor which I'll probably get back to at some point. For now though, I'm going to turn my attention to some bigger projects I've been wanting to work on.

Thanks for reading guys - I'll back soon (but making it a point to take the day off tomorrow)!

-Matt

No comments: