Thursday, October 20, 2011

Re-Paused!! (Kinda)


You guys. This game came out yesterday. You get to play as Batman in it. It's the highly anticipated, critically acclaimed sequel to a Batman game I obsessed over for about a month a few years ago. I really want to play it, right now. I pre-ordered it weeks ago, and it's sitting in my living room right now. And while technically there's nothing stopping from me gorging on immediately (and believe me, this decision did not come lightly), I chose to put the extra time into outlining the novel I'm going to write for NaNoWriMo this year, as well as taking care of some other writing/projects I need to wrap up or put on hold starting in two weeks.

So - guess what this means? I'm totally RE-PAUSED! Though I'm definitely not committing to completely discontinuing all gaming for the next 6 weeks (lord knows I'm going to need something to cleanse the palette between extended writing sessions), I am definitely restraining myself from playing the game I want to play more than anything in the world while staying committed to the biggest creative project of my life. The way I see it, it'll be a great reward come the first of December.

I know, I know - what a tragic life I have, right? Woe is me!

Anyways, that's all for now. I'll have a few more things to post on this blog before I go dark at the end of the month. For now - wish me luck (again)!

-Matt

No comments: