Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let's Talk About Create / Consume!

Friends,

I have two pieces of exciting news. First and foremost, this blog is about hit 100,000 hits, which is pretty amazing. I have no idea if 100K is a particularly large number for a blog that's been around for four years, nor do I have any idea whether or not a great many of these pageviews are from spambots or me constantly clicking refresh on my own pages (I assume they don't count those), but either way, this feels like a milestone, and I'm proud of it.

A look behind the curtain. Fun fact: I have zero fans in Venezuela!
My other news is a tiny bit less self-congratulatory: I've started yet another blog, after just starting another one last month. I know, I know. But this one's about me giving up something for a while. I know, I know! But trust me, I think it's going to be great.

It's called "Create / Consume" - both the blog, and the project. I won't go on about it much here since I just spent an hour laying it all out as the first post over there. So you should go the blog now (also note: I have a new twitter handle for the project), especially since this time I'm asking other people to do it with me!

Damn. I just realized - between Paused, NaNoWriMo, and this I seen to officially have a bit of a "life experiment" addiction. Though I suppose it's one of the less dangerous addictions I have. Speaking of which, I just got my 6 month chip from Planker's Anonymous, for those of you who've been wondering. And I couldn't have done it without you support, so many thanks.

Now, don't worry loyal Unpaused fans - this blog will continue to be updated regularly. The C/C blog will focus on my (and others) experiences during the experiment, so I'll still need a place to put all the wacky ideas I come up, especially now that I'll be forcing myself to come up with them en masse next month.

So sorry mom - no grandkids coming anytime soon, but I'm leaving behind a helluva blogging legacy!

-Matt

No comments: